Specialist fundraising and development expertise
for museums, non-profits, and arts foundations
At ArtEater, we understand that not every arts and cultural institution can have a large development team. Even for those that do, we know how important it is to optimise resources. ArtEater provides a range of professional and reliable services for all, from one-off training sessions to long-term support, that can be a cost-effective boost to your fundraising efforts.
If you have a specific issue you need help with, our short-term consultation is designed for projects lasting between 2 weeks to 6 months. After an initial complimentary consultation, we will speak with the team, ask the right questions, and work around your actual resources and goals.
Some of the short-term work we do includes:
- Capital campaign feasibility studies
- Streamlining existing fundraising strategies, including donor journey
- Donor retention review, identifying where and how you are losing donors
- Advice on donor network expansion, including Gen Z and millennial attraction
- Ethics policies audit around gifts and due diligence processes
- Advice on grants and trusts applications
- Assistance with trustee recruitment
ArtEater often works with institutions on a long-term basis. We like to spend time learning about your institution, working with your team to understand what could be done more effectively. Whether it is implementing plans ‘from scratch’ or acting as a de-facto development department, we’re here to help.
Some of our long-term work includes:
- Design and implementing of capital campaigns or other fundraising projects
- Creation of membership and patron schemes at all levels
- Endowment feasibility studies and creation
- Managing regular giving programmes, including assisting with major gifts
- Providing additional support for in-house teams, including interim support for specific roles
- Feasibility studies on new funding models, digital platforms and technological initiatives
- Design and implementation of corporate partnership strategies
- Management of small and large scale fundraising events
Training & courses
Our training programmes and courses are designed to give you the tools you need to maximise your institutions’ resources. We offer bespoke training for directors, trustees, and senior staff, as well as online training for larger groups aimed at tackling wider issues in the arts fundraising world.
Some of the topics we cover include:
- Cultivating and maintaining donor relationships and regain donor trust
- How to ask for gifts
- Fundraising and the role of a trustee
- Donor recognition: the importance of saying thanks
- Soft fundraising skills for non-fundraisers
- How to have difficult conversations with donors, and learning to say no
- Improving diversity and representation in boards and fundraising